How do you get them interested in your health coaching program?
I’m excited to share about today’s topic, because it’s one that can make a dramatic impact on your ability to enroll more people in your health coaching programs.
One of the often missed pieces when launching a health coaching program is offering free content.
I’m not talking about just any free content though. I’m talking about free content that will allow you to make more sales – without feeling like you’re selling.
When I share this strategy with clients, they love it and I know you will too!
When you offer a program, you’ll want to make sure your audience understands WHY and HOW the program is going to help them.
By educating your audience, you are pre-selling your program.
Here’s an example of how this works.
Imagine that you are offering a Sugar Detox.
You’ve decided to offer this program because you know that your audience struggles with sugar cravings and sugar addiction, and that this sabotages their efforts to lose weight.
You specifically want your audience to understand WHY the things they’ve tried in the past to ditch sugar and lose weight haven’t worked. You want them to understand that it’s not their fault; they simply weren’t using an effective (or realistic) approach.
Before you start promoting the Sugar Detox, you can provide free content that explains…
· Why and when they experience sugar cravings
· How to identify if they’re addicted to sugar
· Why their efforts to remove sugar in the past haven’t worked
· How their sugar consumption is sabotaging their weight loss efforts
· High-level explanation of how to go about reducing cravings
· That they can reduce their sugar cravings while still eating sweets and enjoying food
How does this free content pre-sell your program?
In this example, your audience knows they struggle with sugar cravings, but they probably don’t know why. And, they don’t realize that it’s something that can change. They likely think that they just need more willpower (which they don’t have!).
Because removing sugar doesn’t feel like something they’d ever be able to do, they may not see a Sugar Detox as the right program for them.
We want to change their thinking, and here’s where your free content comes in!
As you educate your audience, they will come to understand that…
· removing sugar isn’t really about willpower
· by removing sugar, they’ll likely lose weight, have more energy, and address other health concerns they may have
· you’re knowledgeable in an area they need help with
· you take a different, more effective, approach than what they’ve tried in the past
· that there is a solution and that you have it
· and, that your solution won’t require them to remove delicious food from their diet!
By the time your audience is done consuming your free content, they will be “sold” on what you have to offer.
How to deliver the free content
Here are a few ways to deliver free content:
· Teleseminars/webinars or live in-person talks
· Newsletter content/blog posts
· Free guides or ebooks in the form of a PDF
When deciding how to deliver the free content, consider how your audience likes to consume content. Are they more likely to read a PDF or emails? Are they more likely to listen to a webinar?
And, also consider what you enjoy. Do you love being on camera? Do you find it easier to write or speak?
I’ve found it helpful to choose 2-3 methods of delivering free content. This way, I’m able to meet a variety of preferences.
As you try out different methods, notice which methods get more attention.
When should you deliver your free content?
You’ll want to start delivering the free content one to two weeks before you start promoting your program, and continue delivering free content while you promote.
Here’s an example:
· 3 weeks before you start promoting your program: send a blog post related to your topic
· A couple days after you send your blog post, send 3 emails that provide more free content while ALSO promoting a free teleseminar (or live in-person talks)
· Two week before your program starts, hold your free teleseminar (or live in-person talks).
· After the teleseminar, and for the next 2 weeks, send a blog post and promotional emails that include some free content.
Have more questions when it comes to creating AND marketing an online program? Download Amy’s FREE Guide.